Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Walk with Me and my Brother

Can Be Dangerous, Indeed!

I lured Suave onto a walk with me and my brother on Saturday.

"It'll be fun! We'll walk to Fresh Pond, then we'll do a loop of Fresh Pond with Suboti, the dog, my brother and his wife!"

I think images of blue skies and leisurely strolling arose in Suave's mind at this point.

It must have because he actually agreed to go with us. Hah.

Now, for those not raised in my household, my father was famous for these forced marches that he passed off as 'walks'. As in, "Let's go on a 7-mile walk at about a 15-minute or less pace". When we were 5,7, and 9, respectively.

So, when my brother and I go on a walk, we don't do this recreationally.

Well, it's recreational but not slow.
Well, it's recreational for us.

We were late to meet my brother because Suave, wisely, refused to go the pace I wanted to go. As the other person I walk with is 6'1'' and has a 36" inseam, I can walk fast! Even on my short legs.

He was mad! Hehehehe

I don't think he was planning on a 6.5 mile walk, either. Oops!

But we slowed a bit going around Fresh Pond. On the way back, he even enjoyed himself!

I complained about not being able to get my heart rate up enough.

I don't see a lot of joint exercise walks in our future.

"I walk alone........."

No comments:

Post a Comment