Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Doldrums

It's true, sometimes, that a body is just too busy for exercise.

But only sometimes.

Rarely, even.

Because, at least for me, I seem to be more productive when I get that run in - especially in the winter.

Maybe because activity banishes those winter tv-watching, feeling-sorry-for-yourself-for-no-good-reason, being lazy doldrums?

Certainly, last night was spectacularly unproductive for me. Unless you deem watching Downton Abbey and reading a novel productive.

Which, in these circumstances of too-much-to-do-for-my-future-to-watch-stupid-Masterpiece-Theatre, I do not.
Wish I were here:

Or here:

Plus, forced inactivity gives me too much time to think about depressing crud like this. Humph.

I am anti.

1 comment:

  1. I recognize the second photo!

    I totally feel the same way. If I get any sort of exercise in I'm more motivated to do more of my real work. (Well, unless I do too hard a workout and then in that case I'm just too tired for anything but sleep).

    ReplyDelete