Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

I Don't Usually Bet

Unless It's a Sure Thing.

Just ask Suave how much money he owes me.

But I couldn't resist a runner's bet To Badwater suggested that the Speedy Blonde and I try out. Plus, how could the Ravens possibly lose against the Patriots?!

After all, Tom Brady comes pretty darn close to having jerk hair.

Exhibit A: Spoelestra (growing into his jerk hair: this is an early photo of his head-coach-dom)

And then Brady (he's the one on the left):

THE BET: whichever person's team loses, that person has to run the points differential in mileage. She gets a week to do so, and the limit on miles is 20. I would be allowed to break up the 20 and, also, to do some as aqua-jogging "miles".

I didn't get as much homework done during this part of the train ride back to DC as I probably should have.

I was too busy following ESPN GAMECAST and cursing.

A missed FG sealed my fate.

I've got to run 3 for the Ravens this week.

Like a good sport, I would normally do my miles after my invectives dried up: about 6:30am this morning.

But, due to major cramping, I'm sidelined this morning. But, Speedy Blonde, I will do the miles.

Stupid Patriots.

1 comment:

  1. At least it was only 3. I know, a loss is a loss, but it could have been worse...

    ReplyDelete