Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Restraint

I Cannot Believe That I Exercised Some!

Now, laziness, that I can do. But laziness is not to be confused with restraint.

Laziness is seeing the rain out the window and deciding that bed or NPR is a much better option.

Restraint is getting up, getting motivated, going out in the rain to meet your running group.

Then, when no one else shows up, that's when the hard part of restraint comes in.

Instead of running alone by yourself, or running home and biking for another 45 minutes or so - instead of entertaining plans B and C that are dancing and swirling in your head - you run home.

And that's it.

When I'm all pumped up and readied to go work out, it can be almost impossible to halt that train. But my slightly sore groin/hip flexor will likely thank me.

And, instead, I can focus on doing more work.

Focus needs to be connected to Restraint, like oxen in a yoke.

Let's hope Focus didn't bolt earlier.

2 whole miles. Ack. Really?

2 comments:

  1. I showed up to a workout before the holidays and no one else was there. I managed a meager 4, but no way I was doing hill sprints solo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. There's no way I'd have been doing that, either!

    ReplyDelete