Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Smiling in the Sun

After yesterday, I couldn't wait to get out and meet up with people.


Yes, I did say that. After my 23 plus miles in the rain and wind yesterday, I couldn't wait to go run again.

Because, you see, it was sunny today. And I used the magic rolling pin last night.

Plus, street pizza has mysterious healing powers-maybe not on the waistline but on the psyche.

My legs felt great today. Of course, It helped that we were running pretty slowly. But that's ok. It fed my illusion of invincibility.

And I got to talk to the Engineer and the Vivacious Redhead, two people who I have missed recently. Add a nice, new, super fast (1:28 half) girl and a cute new boy and lots of gabbing. Heaven!

Plus, I guilted the Vivacious Redhead to run back Brooklyn Bridge with me when everyone else was going up the West Side for a long run. Roll Call came with us because he has a race tomorrow.

Long sleeves and a bit chilly but not so bad. I shivered some after the subway ride from the farmers market but I was in such a good state of mind.

Much needed outdoor-loading before the Law School fair today. Lord, I hate business casual. Didn't I spend most of my life in school, ingesting, and then narrowly got a job that 400 other people applied for so I could make very little money, just to avoid business casual?

That's why I wore my knee-high lace up boots with my business casual. Heh. That'll show 'em.

Oh, plus got to get produce from the garden and win the crossword with Suave. Pat. Pat. Someday you'll beat me, young tadpole.

No comments:

Post a Comment