Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

New Running Shoes?


I have worn a version of these shoes for about 5 years now.


They have come through various iterations but they haven't changed significantly. At least, until now.

And I've changed, too.

1. I have no real evidence for this but I think the shoe has gotten heavier. I don't want a heavier shoe. I liked that my Mizunos were fairly unconstructed/didn't have a lot of crap built into them and that, as a result, they weren't too much heavier than my racing flats.

2. I've been getting some blisters in my latest pair. After getting basically no blisters in my earlier versions, while putting in a lot more miles, I dont' know whether this is the shoes or me but I don't love it.

3. I'm heavier. This might change but what to do while it is true? I might need more support.

So, I'm thinking about getting another shoe. The problem is, some issues point towards getting a more structured shoe, while others point to more unstructured. I'll have to think about this.....

2 comments:

  1. I've become a fan of the minimalist running shoe. I know they're not for everybody, but worth considering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, is it possible that your shoes aren't fitting so well because your feet have grown? My feet got bigger during pregnancy (and stayed that way). I was in denial about it and couldn't understand why my trusty ASICS made my feet hurt in ways they hadn't hurt before. I finally bought new shoes half a size bigger. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete