Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shooting Hairballs

That title doesn't make sense. But neither did the Sunday puzzle's theme, really.

"Having aspirations" = adding an "H" to some regular saying? Seems like we are talking about coughing up hairballs.

This puzzle was as successful a Sunday puzzle as shooting hairballs - oops, I mean airballs - is successful in winning a basketball game.

With the exception of one grid part right in the top middle, which was rendered impossible because of the combination of film people and the like (popular culture and me don't get along so much), the puzzle was also really easy. It was like a joyless slog, where I just wanted to get the massive number of answers filled in so that I could move on to more interesting puzzles.

I have to do the puzzles in order, you see. Just another endearing personality quirk! It's good I live alone. I could see the headlines now, otherwise:

Woman stabbed by roommate. "I had to stop her! After washing her cup 5 times, she was going to dip her teabag exactly 5 times. I couldn't take it anymore!"

Ah. Routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment