Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Quick Trip

through Red Hook! Like this post will be, the run was comparatively short.

It's the end of the semester, after all. Way too much stuff to catch up on or finish before those grades are due. Thus, too, my delay in posting!

After working all day in my freezing apartment, I was eager to accompany Ivy League on a quick jaunt through Red Hook before returning to my toils on Sunday.

Left from my apartment, braved the intense headwind all the way down Lincoln, then all the way down the rest of Eastern Parkway, then all the way down 9th street.

The temperature actually wasn't so bad when we weren't in the wind. I mean, I wouldn't have been sunbathing in a bikini but, if you were excersizing and dressed sensibly (i.e., dressed in as many layers of clothing as you could possibly force on yourself), it was merely cold. When the wind blew, however, it was breathtakingly cold. And, while we weren't running fast, we were running fast enough for me to realize that eating pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner the two previous days was not the best idea for my running capabilities.

No matter. We got down to Red Hook, where we got to run through that eery landscape. So neat. Seeing the huge cranes idly gleaming in the sun as the clouds turn a golden pink behind them was a major highlight. That, and this one weird corridor where you can see Manhattan in front of you through a long tunnel of buildings, with one slightly creepy, cloth-covered one to your left.

Back up the hill to Grand Army, where we stopped for a chat, some ice cream and some tea.

Yes, ice cream! Today is not a good diet week! I haven't had ice cream in about a year. It was good, though. Then my stomach remembered that it is kinda lactose intolerant.

Ah, well.

After being beseiged by end-of-year commitments, I hope my now-sturdy self will be able to get motivated to trundle out for two loops of the park before NOODLES! It is cold but I will think warm thoughts all day in preparation. Plus, I can eat more noodles if I run beforehand.

Oh, and I'm training. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment