Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Red Hook!

Worthy of at least one exclamation point! If not two!!

Donning my underarmor core warmth shorts (thanks, Chestershire Cat!), my thick tights and a pair of warm-up pants, not to mention the long-sleeved shirt, thermal, two jackets, gloves and a hat, I was ready to go meet Gorges out in the snowy, icy weather.

Except I needed to use the bathroom. Which was harder than you might imagine, with that much spandex to contend with. Lesson learned: use the facilities BEFORE suiting up for a brisk winter run.

So suited up, I ran down Eastern Parkway to Union to Smith Street, where I met up with Gorgeous. Almost instantly, my jaw and chin went numb. This was the day I really missed the turtle neck cowl thingy I lost on my way to the cab for the marathon.

One of the things that's awesome about running in the icy snow is that you can claim that you are running slowly because of 'safety'.

Heh.

Gorgeous showed me some neat places in Red Hook, then I ran back to reality and students and exams.

But at least there was Red Hook!

I felt amazing during the entire 10+ mile run. Warm, cozy, happy, and relaxed.

Then the rest of the week arrived.....

No comments:

Post a Comment