Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hot and Cold

"Ok. This is really enough." I peel off layers of blanket and wipe my forehead of sweat.

The heat has temporarily turned on again in my bedroom. My spacious, airy bedroom with nicely filtered light and no insulation. Thus, the layers of blanket.

Of course, doing so has disturbed the mountainous creature who had also previously been cold and, therefore, had decided to sleep on my leg. Or so I ascertained by the weighty feeling when I tried to move. My leg had gone numb.

All week, I've been waking up every 45 minutes to an hour and staying awake, either shivering or sweating. The culprit, I have surmised, is the nature of my bedroom.

That and the clanking, bubbling, hissing of the radiator, when it grudgingly gives its much-needed heat. Which then causes the blankets to be too much. Which then makes me sweat.

Which coating makes the cooling after the radiator turns off even more effective. That and the blankets have been turned down.

Ah. Winter.

You think you sleep better in the winter? I invite you over to try out these accomodations. At least you will revel in the size of the bedroom every time you wake up.

Anyone have suggestions as to how to make it so I can actually sleep?! Besides enough money for a new apartment?

On the plus side, I have had a lot of time to plan lessons and worry about the future, given my total time of wakefulness......

No comments:

Post a Comment