Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There She Blows!

Almost literally!

I had my fair share of being blown about this morning.

Though, I almost didn't. "WHHHHHHHHOOOOOO" whined the leaking skylights. "Ping, Ping, Ping" went the rain on the windows. "Noooooo!" went my brain at 4:30 in the morning.

But I knew I'd have meetings all day today. So I steeled myself and went out.

Thank goodness I decided, last minute, to try out the specialized rain jacket that I noticed my backpack has in an outside pocket!

Some observations: running in windy, rainy weather gives me the excuse I need to go slower than I should. Need to work on that.

Very few people are on the Brooklyn Bridge in December at 6:something in the morning when it's that rainy. The only time I've seen fewer was the day that I ran in the almost-freezing and blinding rain a couple of years ago and the day that I ran home in the almost-blizzard last year.

Short hair is a pain in the rear when it is blowing and rainy. My hair was plastered in weird ways to my face and I couldn't get it off.

Rainjackets for backpacks are awesome! my stuff was completely dry, including my papers and my computer!

You have your pick of places to run on the West Side during a rainstorm. There are basically no bikes.

The West Side is still beautiful when the sun is rising over the water, even when the water is choppy and the skyline is a bit foggy.

Rewarding yourself with a 2-egg sandwich right before class is a bad idea. Even if you are hungry, 2 eggs are just too much! Bleah. I threw out a lot of it.

While not nearly as bad as I feared, I'd like to see less rather than more of those days. It is hard enough for the sun just to be rising as I am nearing work. Don't add dreariness and whipping winds!

No comments:

Post a Comment