Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Figure Eights

Whee!

Several people were going to brave the 10 degree weather yesterday morning.

I was not one of them.

Instead, I ran with Superman at noon. Much more civilized.

And a balmy 24!

Is it possible that one's procrastination and anxiety can fill one's legs with heaviness?

The cold affects me, sure. And I'm not in the best of shape, especially with the extra pounds.

But I haven't been running that much. And we weren't going that fast during the first half of the run.

Still, my legs felt heavy, like I had been doing a lot of miles, or speedwork, or something.

And, yet, my lungs - often my Achille's heel - felt fine.

What a great guy to run with. So much fun.

While my legs felt bad, the first figure eight went by quickly. Lots of politics to talk about.

Then, faced with a deadline, we opted to run a full loop for the next, instead of another figure eight.

And we kept speeding up.

Boy, that was rough at the end.

Not 800's on the track rough, or anything. But a good reminder that I haven't gone remotely fast in a while.

And I'm not supposed to be. So, in penance, I decided to take the train.

Then I remembered: there was no train.

The walk home was so cold, I had to huddle in bed for the rest of the day to get warm.

Next time, I'm trundling. Sure it's more miles but getting hypothermia can't be good either.

About 9 miles running and 1 1/2 miles walking.

Need to get motivated. And get another hobby!

Speaking of hobbies, must post about Sunday's crossword. Puns. My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment