Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Ray of Sunshine!

The Vivacious Redhead and I enjoyed the brief appearance of the sun yesterday.

What a great release. Sun on my head and energy in my legs.

Too much energy in my legs!

The rest of the day had been spent waiting for a serviceman.

The type who will only call once and won't ring the doorbell.

The kind that makes you sit by the window and watch, like an old nosy neighbor or a sailors wife, back in the olden.

Who never actually came, by the way. Try number four (4!) is now scheduled for next week.

But the run was fantastic! Up to GAP and around the inside, then the outside of the park before trundling home.

The park was amazingly well-plowed. Flatbush, not so much.

And the intersections are still hairy.

But it was beautiful for half of it. The hat even came off and the two jackets were unzipped.

And then the Millrose Games! Seeing high school stars and professionals do short-track indoor races made even me want to do speed work!

And I have to be forced to do speed work, usually by being chased!

Wow. So glad i had run ten earlier. Otherwise, I might have started doing stairs right in the middle of Madison Square Garden.

Weird that so few people seemed to share my excitement: the stands were maybe a quarter full.....

No comments:

Post a Comment