Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

New day, New State, New Challenges

Forced myself out of bed and away from Tiny's immense gravitational pull. Only a quick outside loop of the park: didn't manage to get myself up early enough for more than 6.7. The early morning light was beautiful, though. I had more than enough to occupy myself with and was amazed when I pulled myself out of my thoughts long enough to see the end of Flatbush rising at me.
Off to Nevada. New challenge: when to run in August in the middle of a desert? I need to keep on my training schedule. Will the dreaded treadmill make an appearance? What could make it more palatable?
Did you know, by the way, that being decimated is not all that bad? There's still 90 percent remaining, after all. If you want more of the story behind the word, just ask.
Now, to resolve the other challenges in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment