Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When Life Intervenes

you don't get in the miles you are supposed to.

Missed out on Sunday and Monday runs, due to life. Managed to finally see the Speedy Blonde, though, on Tuesday, and get in 8 and some much-needed social interaction before flying off to my conference. We ran Central Park and then continued over to the 72nd transverse and did some trails. The first several miles were hard for me. Sleep - and a lot of it - needs to happen soon. I could feel it in my legs, which is bad because I hadn't run for the two days previous. When we got off onto the trails for the last mile, though, I was finally feeling better. Changes of scenery in that park are essential.


Conclusions so far concerning my conference: me and overnight flights, followed by a long stint at the airport and then a 4-hour bus ride do not mix so well.

Plus side: will work my mental muscles, anyway. And I'll likely get to run on the beach, as there is no where else that seems safe to run. And the bus was rather like a roller coaster ride - up and down curving mountain roads. Quite a bit of excitement!

I am already predicting, however, that my miles will drop dramatically this week. Next week I'd better be good!

How bad is that for my training? I'd like to know. I think the vacation eating and lack of long runs won't be particularly beneficial. And I'm supposed to do my first 20-miler. I'll have to switch to next week. Why is it that, when I don't hit my miles for the week in question, I feel like I've failed? After all, what would I have failed in the first place? There's nothing to fail!

Lack of sleep.....

I also now know what bronzer is for. I had never known previously. Interesting......The lessons one learns at Sephora.

With classes starting next week, I can feel reality breathing down my neck. It's morning breath leaves something to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment