Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Finally! A Group Run!!!!!!

"Hah! I can't believe you went! You haven't gone in forever!!!!!"

I deserved that. But I've been out of town a lot. And it can be hard to run with a group when you can no longer run as fast as you used to.

But yesterday was SOOO MUCH FUN! I got to run with Gorgeous for a lot of the way: we picked her up on Court St.

I did get major run envy for the first time in a while: the rest of the group was going to go into DUMBO and Vinegar Hill, then over to Red Hook and back around. The day was great, compared to what's been happening, and I had time: my houseguest, Yankee Fan, was still sleeping.

But it would have been too long. So I stuck to the Brooklyn Bridge, going out and back. I haven't had a chance to run over that bridge in a while, as I've been running such short runs. Even with the icky paint fumes, I've missed it.

But being with people, even those I didn't know very well, and getting to do a group exercise in the sun......Amazing.

I can't wait until I can participate regularly in group runs again, either here or elsewhere. I realized how much I miss company!

2 comments:

  1. Good restraint on not running too far, even though you were enjoying it so much. Being fully recovered sooner is more important.

    ReplyDelete