Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You know You Haven't Been Pushing Yourself When.....

....Suave, who hasn't run for anything except cop-evasion since middle school cross-country, passes you on the first 1/3 to 1/2 mile that you and he are running.
That was embarrassing.
To prevent further embarrassment, I turned left when he turned right, and ran down the Charles River towards MIT.
You never know when you might need a handy and cute computer scientist or engineer. It helps to keep on the look-out.
To make sure they saw me, too, I wore a florescent yellow jacket. Styling.
It was a nice jog down to the Mass Ave bridge, where I headed back onto the Cambridge side of the river.
Boats oaring their way down the river accompanied me as I tried not to get passed by too many people.
Not knowing the distance, I ran for time, running for an hour.
Given the ignomity of the beginning, that might only have been 6 miles.
Today, I walked again. Resting up for Thursday.
Rumor has it that Suave is going to run part of the way with me again tomorrow morning.
I'm going to have to make sure to take him, this time.
Honor demands it!

No comments:

Post a Comment