Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Whee!

Tearing myself away from The Game of Thrones series was hard. Especially since I had a friend coming into town unexpectedly and I knew I wouldn't be able to read much at all for the next few days.
But it had stopped raining. And I had been so scarred from Saturday's run and staying up super-late for a dinner I hosted that I had only managed a 2-mile slow walk on Sunday.
Suave fought a duel of sorts with his friend, the Falcon, and lost. Badly. There was no speed-walking for us on Sunday!
Click! Went the Ipad. Dark went the screen. I shimmied into a too-tight pair of shorts and trundled out the door.
I just ran the usual, boring shortened outside loop of the Park to Washington and then back down Eastern Parkway home.
But it was so nice to expose my legs to the sun.
For me, anyway: others were squinting from the glare bouncing off my porcilain gams.
Glad to be outside and free in the city of large buildings and big walls.
Then, this afternoon, a willing friend and sun enabled me to walk an entire loop of Prospect Park and back home, running into Tour Guide, the Child Whisperer and her best beau on the way.
I love the first day of the year that you feel kinda hot - like you've been buffeted by the sun.
Ahhhhhh.

1 comment: