Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Laid Low - at Least for Saturday

Friday, I livened up my boring walk by poking my head into the former bath house on 4th avenue.
It is now a coffee shop. And a rather boring one.
I would have preferred it to be resurrected as another bath house.
Bath houses have all sorts of interesting connotations. It would lend panache to your neighborhood, were you able to say, "ah, yes. To get to my house, turn left at the bath house....."

Saturday, my aim was to stick with those who wanted to run shorter, running the whole way with them.
Superman even showed up! And I hadn't seen him in forever! So I had to keep up. for pride's sake, right?
Wrong. Due to a weird but exceedingly painful side/lower stomach cramp that refused to go away, I had to slow my pace - at one point, I think I could have been walking faster than I was running.
So I didn't run most of it with Superman.
But I was able to run with the Vivacious Redhead and with Mr. Baseball.
But I had to cut my run short.
I hate doing that! My anal-retentive side yells at the rest of me when I don't do what I've planned to do, even if it's smarter, perhaps, to cut it short.
But if I listened to the rest of me all the time, I'd never get in a long run, or do speed work, or finish a race. Or, heck, even start one.
So it's hard to figure out when I should listen to what part of me.
This time, I listened to the part that said that 9 miles was enough. After running the Brooklyn Bridge and back over the Manhattan, I ran to Target.
At least I got some clothes for Spring Break! (Whoo Hoo!)
I have yet to wear any besides Saturday, though. The weather has been more like late January and less like Bunny Time.
Hop. Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment