Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Contemplating......

"So, what are your training plans, then, for the Fall? What marathon are you going to do? Marine Corps? Baltimore?"

"I don't have any."

"What?! You?"

I am contemplating potentially not running a marathon this year for the first time since I started running in 2005.

Notice, I can't even put the thought in definitive terms.

Because it would be shocking and strange.

But, maybe, not the worst thing in the world.

After all, it's not as if I'm in shape, mile-wise or other-wise, to do a solid marathon. Maybe I should wait until next year.

The other part of me says that I need a solid, predictable plan for running if I really am going to bounce back. That I will be lost without a specific goal. That I might quit running if I don't have that goal.

Still contemplating. Maybe there's a middle ground......

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a 50K? It's a similar distance, but you wouldn't have to worry about time because it's not a marathon. You could just focus running it for the sake of running.

    ReplyDelete