Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Those Boys Tired Me Out!

Yes, the dynamic duo of Superman and LSE took me to task on Friday.

Progress! I was able to run home!

And I didn't feel as bad as last time I ran with both of them.

Of course, given that I felt as if I were on mile 21 of a marathon and hitting the wall, hard, last time we all ran together, that isn't much of an accomplishment.

We raced to Manhattan via Bedford and then the Williamsburg Bridge. Luckily for me, we were crossing it the easier way: Brooklyn to Manhattan. The incline is steeper but much shorter.

With a brief stop for me to take my inhaler - asthma attack due to the humidity and smog - we churned down into Manhattan.

The sun had already given me a cool-looking sunburn. My enormous forehead, as usual, sucked in rays like a black hole. My arm pinkened nicely around the thick strap of my Ipod holder. Hotness.

Superman wanted to run through Chinatown but I vetoed. I'm never sure of that route.

The rotting fish smell of Broome Street persuaded everyone of the wiseness of my countermand. Yegh.

NYC in the summer. Inhale the perfume.

GAG HACK

I was really pretty tired but we still had to get back. LSE bounded off in front as Superman and I dug in and pounded out the Manhattan Bridge.
The difference in temperature between the sun and the shade felt about 20 degrees.

And I had never seen so many people walking on the Manhattan Bridge! Do people actually use it during the day? Or during the week or something?

Trying to find a water fountain, Superman led us on a detour back up to Court Street. We didn't find water but we did find hills. Up Court Street and then down Union, only to face the hill to Grand Army yet again.

I hate that hill.

Ok. Strongly dislike. I'd hate it but it really tones my rear end.

Back home to semi-collapse.

Whew. A bit less than 13 miles......

No comments:

Post a Comment