Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You see, what had happened was.........

I got a little behind last week.

No, not in that sense, silly! In my blogging!

Monday - 10 miles with the Vivacious Redhead and Superman. Down to Coney Island and then on the boardwalk. Luckily, Superman is the size of three normal people, blocking much of the gale from me and the Vivacious Redhead by the beach.

REST!!!!!!!

Thursday - supposed to run about 10. Ran none. Took Suave to the hospital, instead. Poor Suave!
Lucky Suave! Morphine drip!

Friday - Ran 10 slow miles in Cambridge. Noticed that 1) I'm not used to the heat and humidity; 2) Partying the night before a solo run does not give one much motivation to go faster than an accelerated amble; 3) wearing a (now) too-short florescent orange running skirt is a great way to pick up numbers! The amount of responses I got was affirming. Too bad I was running past! Hah.

Saturday - got a horrible throat-swelling virus. Can still make money as a phone-sex operator with my voice. Happy that the swelling has now gone away and I can enjoy the husky voice (mainly) pain-free.

Sunday - ran with my little brother and my still-swollen throat up and down the Charles. Cold, humid weather. Great to see my brother. Kinda humbling how much faster he is than me, especially now. Used the conversation trick to make him talk almost the whole time. Still had problems keeping up. Ran to a nice brunch (which I couldn't really eat, as eating involves swallowing): 10.5 miles at about a 7:40 pace. Whew. Tiring!

Monday - braved my throat and the threatening conditions to have a spin around Prospect Park with LSE. So humid, clothes came off! Ran counter-clockwise around the park, adding on a run up Washington. He left me in the dust on the hill, of course. Got to hear a play-by-play of his Brooklyn Half, which kept me from dwelling on my deadened legs. About 7 miles.

Necessity makes me short-winded. You can all breathe a sigh of relief and gird up for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment