Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Perfect!!!!!

Saturday was rough.

I was an idiot. As a result, I let people down. Including the lovely Chestershire Cat, who is in town for a very limited engagement.

But, for all that much of Saturday was self-imposed awfulness, Sunday more than made up for it.

A loop of the park with the Chestershire Cat and Baltimore, among others. The Vivacious Redhead's son almost made me lose my lunch going up the hill in Prospect Park. He is sooo fast!

I hadn't seen Baltimore for a while, either, so it was nice to catch up. The miles went by so fast.

The weather was sunny and blue and taffy-like.

The Speedy Blonde even came! Boy, that made me feel worse about missing the picnic the day before. She managed to get to the run even though she had to come from the Upper East Side on a Sunday!

Off to coffee after a short but satisfying run. Root Hill has a neat atmosphere. Off of 4th Avenue, it's a place the Vivacious Redhead and I always run by but never seem to stop at.

New places. Familiar faces. Yay.

Running back to Atlantic Center with the Speedy Blonde helped me put Saturday in perspective, something that really helped to make my day even sunnier than the sky.

Onto Atlantic, I ran back home, waxing a bit nostalgic about this part of Brookylyn, which used to be a staple on my runs but which hadn't felt my sneakers in many months.

Coffee, then Dressler to sit outside with Suave and two of his fabulous friends.

The number of people I ran into that I knew yesterday! 3 at last count. And I wasn't even in usual places.

Walking around Williamsburg. Flea market. Surf bar for a shaded tiki vacation experience.

New people. Smiles.

Bozu for dinner with Suave and a lovely ride home.

Ah. Perfect.

Makes me worried about today! It couldn't possibly compete!

No comments:

Post a Comment