Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Strapping On

My Backpack Again!

Yes, my beloved black, grey and pink backpack featured prominently in my run once again. Running to meet the Vivacious Redhead, I though, perhaps, I needed to take my inhaler. No, it was the beauty of the backpack!

I was just really out of breath. And, for its first re-outing, it was actually pretty light! Only one book.

I have no idea how I ran to work with it as heavy as I did. I must have been in shape or something.

Though, to be fair, I did weigh less! Maybe its the total, combined, weight that matters in these calculations, instead of merely the additional backpack weight. Any thoughts?

I huffed up to meet her. We then took a nice half (1/3?) turn around the outside of Prospect Park, turning to run around the Parade Grounds. Passing Marlboro again, we popped into the park for some pushups.
And lunges.
A few observations.
1. It must be the result of being an ex-smoker, but I can't hear, write or see the word "Marlboro" (or its various permutations) without having some sort of cigarette reaction. If I'm in the middle of a hard run or sprint, the reaction is often "Ugh!", or some flashback of smelling fresh/stale cigarette smoke. If I'm doing an easier run, or typing it, or something, I'll get a sudden longing for a Marlboro Medium. Marketing is scarily effective.
2. Lunges are evil torture devices. The Vivacious Redhead must have been furious at me to make me do these! They start burning while you are doing them! Of course, my muscles are likely just very weak.
3. When doing inclined pushups with a backpack, your abs get more of a workout than your arms. If I keep this up, I'll have a six-pack. Which you may or may not be able to see, depending on how much cheese I've eaten.

After our fitness break, we ran down Marlboro (see?! It happened again!) and past Cortelou to explore the neighborhood.

I love this neighborhood! If I lived there, I'd never move from Brooklyn! Wow!

Then, back to Cortelou for some delicious coffee by the same people that gave us Milk Bar.

A great way to kick off a grading extravaganza!

No comments:

Post a Comment