Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Loon-y!

Hehehehe. I crack myself up.

In honor of this weekend's major crossword tournament in NYC, I will post a bit about Sunday's puzzle.

Theme: Chick Lit

Thus, the humor of the title of this post.

Heh

Yes, you've got it right: it referred to books with birds in the titles.

I'll have to read more of them: I recognized all the titles but I have read maybe half of them. Likely because they are Literature.

And you probably can't buy them in the grocery store or the drug store, my favorite places to pick up a new book.

Who would have thought the puzzle creators for the NYT would be snobby?

Besides the kind of fun theme, there were some good/funny clues in the body of the puzzle.

"Bruited" was used. I love this word! Highly underrated. I suggest that you use it in a sentence today!

35 down: Night light? UFO
88 down: shift's end? Hem
100 down: Pacer's contests Duels

I thought all of these were quite clever, fun and tricky without going over to the dark side, like those on Saturday's are wont to do.

The finals are going on now. The three finalists are working the puzzle on a screen, in front of the audience, with silencing headphones on.

How much fun! Like Family Feud, only better!

I still say that the finals, at least, should be televised.

Hey, they televise poker and puzzling is MUCH more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment