Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New People

A really nice lady from Poland started running with our club.

As I've been running more on my own/not running, I've only met her once.

Now, twice!

Running with someone new is so interesting. I was running with the Vivacious Redhead, as well, but the dynamic was totally different than if I were to have just been running with the Vivacious Redhead, herself.

Even though the new lady didn't talk that much.

We went a bit faster. We pushed on the hills a bit more. Part of our route was different from what we might have normally done.

Lovely!

Still at a very comfortable speed. I can't imagine we were even doing 8-minute miles.

Sigh.

But fun! Did the same loop that I had done the day before but then came back to Grand Army and ran down to 4th Street and back.

The Vivacious Redhead was so in the zone, I had to yell "I'm not going any further down the side of the park!" before we stopped creeping further and further away from my house.

I wouldn't have minded, previously.

But I had grading looming over me like a hailstorm. And the path we took already had me going 9 miles.

Oops.

Neglected to mention that to my doctor today.

Any tips for making walking palatable? I am banned from running until Monday, at the earliest. Something about my last blood test.......

AAAAAAAG! Walking!

When I was in graduate school, I used to get tired of walking home late at night from class.

Too slow: why walk if you can trot? In fact, why trot if you can jog?

The only jogging I did in my first years of grad school.

So, I used to take my plastic grocery bags and my backpack, tighten up my doc martens, and chug on down the hill towards home.

My roommate thought that added to my bag lady persona.

I replied "I save money on totes and I am less likely to get mugged."

So, walking?! Really?!

Argh

No comments:

Post a Comment