Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My, How D.C. Has Changed!

Staying over in D.C. before heading back to Baltimore, I managed a quick 30-minute run in the dark of D.C.

I miss the southern climes. D.C. is basically in the north but the temperature was a good 12 degrees different on this day.

Just what I needed!

(Shakes fist at the sky)

I didn't go far: I had an early morning appointment and it was dark.

I am not the most direction-fabulous person......Did I ever tell you about the time I was running a my friend's apartment in NY (before I moved), where I got lost and also forgot her address? And how I didn't have a phone?

Yes. No repeats, please. Though it's amazing how many cynical New Yorkers will let you borrow their cell phone if you are wearing a lost expression and a "Body by Cheese" t-shirt.

Just through Adams Morgan and a bit north.

It was like a totally different town! Firstly, Adam's Morgan had several empty storefronts: indication that the rents are too high there.

And the parts north, which used to be rather sketchy, looked safe, even in the semi-dark of a D.C. morning!

Wow. I love to see such changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment