Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

At Sea

Sailing.......Sailing.....Sailing........

Well, floating along, at least.

It wasn't so bad, actually. It helped that it was in the 60s today.

About 45 minutes of swimming. The only thing that didn't work was the breaststroke: my back/butt muscle really started aching during that one lap of breaststroke.

So I did more straight up-and-down kicking.

Some bonuses: it is now MUCH easier to float.

And, with the added weight, my arms really got a work-out.

And I made everybody else in the pool look good.

Being at sea isn't the worst place to be.

At least with my exercise.

School: I need to focus more. Being out to sea there isn't quite as comfortable a place.

Funny moment at the pool:

Me to lifeguard: so, I'm going to swim today. But, since I can't really jog anymore, I thought I'd try to Aquajog.

Lifeguard: Oh.

Me: So I don't know what the belts looks like. Will you show me.

Lifeguard. Um. Ok. Here they are. They come in 3 sizes. Here's the medium.....Um, and the large is right under there.

Me: Great! So I just put this on and then act like I'm jogging?

Lifeguard: Um. Yeah. (Significant look at me.) But, you know, this requires a lot of core strength. (Looks significantly at me again. Twice.)

Me, in my head: Ok, buddy. Just wait until next year.....I'll run you down and smush you. And then flip my hair and smile.

Me, in reality: Thanks for letting me know! Maybe I'll try it next time!

Anyway, with exams and no running (besides a mile yesterday), no one needs to hear my whine. So my posts will be less.

Think buoyant thoughts for me!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOO HOOO! Smiling for you. Swimming is really the only form of exercise I enjoy. It's easy on the joints. Walking in slightly less than waist deep water for about 15 min = at least 45 min on land or so I've been told. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete