Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

A Mixed Bag

Well, I went running today.

If you can call it that.

But I cut it short. Only about 4 miles.

And I felt like I had to teach myself how to run all over again. It felt awkward and weird. I had noticed, during the week, that I had developed this really weird walk that was actually hurting my back. I think it translated a bit to my run.

On part of the run, I concentrated on trying to keep my back straight and slightly forward. The rest of it, I was just trying to get my feet up.

I actually couldn't run fast enough to make me breathe heavily. That was sort of sad.

All the way across my lower back was hurty/numb for a lot of the run.

More worryingly, my hip flexor/inner thigh on my right side started to bind up/get sore/pulled.
Maybe because of my weird walk I've developed? I've got to try to fix that!

So I ran. That was good. But it wasn't a very good run. And I lost all my money and my old health care card somewhere on the Mall this morning.
Thanks to the Vivacious Redhead, though, I know better than to put my driver's license in there. So at least I didn't lose that!
I don't know. I'm really worried I am going to have to stop running for a while, with this weight and this injury.

And I really don't like the sound of that.

1 comment: