Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Pain in my A**

Literally, sadly.


I went to the doctor and it's official: a major muscle pull in my piriformus.

Much better than a nerve pinch, so I'm hoping that the diagnosis is accurate. However, I know better than most how long a muscle pull can take to heal.

Sadly, no "race" for me on Sunday, then.

I am anti. Especially since I had paid for it. And Suave had signed up for an accompanying race. So it would have been almost as if we were racing together, for the first time.

BIG DRAMATIC SIGH.

So I've been burning about 2 calories/day on the recumbant bike. I hate that thing. It is like a segue: you can't possibly look cool/interesting doing it.

Sigh.

But, I need to remember patience. And to try not to eat too much in boredom/crippling anxiety (these things come in waves) as the exams approach.


5 comments:

  1. Huge bummer re: having to miss the race. Does it hurt to walk? I used to go for short walks during finals period just to get a break from the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! At least you got it checked out and it's something manageable, right? I had weird nerve pain in my butt for about a month and it was awful.

    I've been trying be better about snacking too, when I'm stressed about having too much to do I want to eat all the time. It helps that it's apple season though - lots of apples around the apartment means when I do want a snack, I make myself eat an apple rather than something less good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea, Rebecca! I'm going out to buy some apples! And, yes, it is manageable. It's just I can't run, which is a bummer. I'm afraid that, if I stop at this point, I won't be able to start up again. You know?
    Helen, I can't walk well right now but I think I will try this weekend. I've got to be able to do something! I'm starting these stretches the doctor gave me this morning. Hopefully they will help. And I'm going to try to find a masseuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exams do you have in November? Are these real exams????? In November???? In law school???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an in-class and a take-home for Legal Writing. The rest don't happen until the beginning of December.

    ReplyDelete