Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Overdressed

I don't really know what to do this week, running-wise. I did the last 10 yesterday, which probably meant that I should have taken today off.

But I was sitting in my house, antsy and cold. And there was grading to do! So I pulled on my fleece tights, my NY long-sleeved shirt for inspiration, and a ear band. That was the only way I was getting out the door.

In fact, once I got outside, I realized that the temperature wasn't much different from that in my house. So the run was a bit warm. But I like it that way. You get to sweat, which always makes me feel better about the workout. Did an easy hour, running down to Washington and then to the Navy Yards, before wending my way back to Brooklyn via Fulton. Enjoying the sunlight. My mind is whirring so much these days, I was hoping that the run would slow it down, which it did, temporarily.

Two isssues: I'm still having breathing problems because of the mold on the leaves. And that tendon/calf thing is flaring up again. I'm icing it as we speak but I'm not sure what else to do for it.

I'm thinking about running again tomorrow for 35 minutes, then running on Wednesday for 35 minutes and on Friday for 35 minutes? Any thoughts about this? I left my running schedule at my parents' house a few weeks ago and I'm not sure what to do!

Nerves.

2 comments:

  1. Careful with an injury... sometimes it's best to take a couple days off. (Or at least convert the runs to VERY easy runs.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete