Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

2 Days in a Row

History and I went running this morning.

I knew it would be rough when I ran out to meet her. Going up the slight incline on Massachusetts near Union Station, my right leg - especially my right quad - felt really sore and almost strained.

And this just because I had run the day before and hadn't had a full rest day since Tuesday.

My, how the proud have fallen.......

5 miles the day before will do this?!

But History was really nice and stayed with me, running super super slowly, around Eastern Market and to the Nay Yards before coming back to Stanton Park.

She even gave me a ride home for that whole whopping 1 mile back.

With the run there, I did about 5 3/4 today.

Helpful to get that positive in before all-day classes.

I am now so freaked out about the future and how I will manage life and school that I keep hyperventilating.

Maybe some (more) eating therapy is in order.

And I think I should lay off exercise tomorrow. My quad started feeling tired enough at the end that I accepted that ride. I'm not usually weenie enough to do that and I should remember to pay attention to signals like those.

Meanwhile, To Badwater just ran 2 consecutive marathons this weekend. Wow. A big difference in fitness levels!

2 comments:

  1. There's a big difference in more than fitness levels... I think any mileage you're getting in now is amazing. Don't push too hard now -- there will plenty of time later for you to come back and do dumb things like running back-to-back marathons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robert! I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete