Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Against My Usual Habits

I will post some New Years resolutions.

Like presents on major holidays, new year's resolutions are not something I take as seriously as that random gift on a Tuesday, or that resolve that comes up after lunch one day and somehow sticks around.

But, the timing was right for me. I need some motivation and some goals.

I don't usually do this publicly, though. But I thought I might get some good advice as to how best to achieve some of these goals were I to do so.

And, of course, I always like to have some staggered goals.

Goal #1: show up!

2. Lose about 40 pounds by August.

3. Be in shape to run a marathon by late summer.

4. Be in the top half of my class.

5. Be in the top 20% of my class.

6. Break 3:20 again in a marathon - this might have to wait until next year.

7. Stop eating candy and sweets after the beginning of March.

8. Get everyone in my family to eat more healthily.

9. Be a more thoughtful person.

10. Tell my friends how important they are to me.



Ok. Gonna stop now. Starting to sound like one of those dreaded Hallmark cards.

Oh-do more art stuff.

I'm sure I'll think of more but I will keep those to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment