Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Engagement Stories

I hate cold weather. Really.

Seriously.

Who needs seasons if you've got sunshine and balmy breezes?

Hawaii would be fantastic.

But, I struggled over to meet people at Stanton Park this morning, regardless. Even though it was 25 degrees and a bit windy.

Because people had promised they'd tell different engagement stories - whether theirs, or someone else's - on the run today.

And I'm a sucker for a good engagement story.

I don't want to be engaged, myself. But I love how people get all teary and excited while recounting it.

I heard several awesome ones today. I told Party Girl's engagement story, though the telling lost something as I had to explain what a Liar's Puzzle was.

History knew.

We plodded up the MBT again today, though not all the way to the end.

Then, to be reasonable, I separated from them at the end and ran back home.

Some cramping but not too bad.

And I heard some great stories.

About 6 (very chilly) miles

1 comment:

  1. Watching the show "Celtic Woman" on Public TV....originating from Fox Theater in Atlanta.
    Three fab singers but one gorgeous red-head who began the memorable "when you walk through a storm, keep your head up high...." She also sang the theme from "The Lion King." An inspiring performance- watch when riding your bike.

    ReplyDelete