Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Fun Walk?

I do not have fun walking.

I endure walking. As a way to get somewhere. I try to go as fast as I can.

Or, I put my music up really high and totally zone out.

The gym was closed: MLK doesn't appreciate exercise, it seems.

So Peace Corps and I went walking.

I picked a destination: that way, we could be walking TO something.

It is essential on a Monday afternoon to go have coffee in Georgetown, passing about 25 coffee shops along the way, apparently!


"The Cutest Cafe in Georgetown"

No, not the one pictured. That is where we were going. But the line was too long.

The cafe we went to was NOT the Cutest Cafe in Georgetown, despite the sign.

But it was a good advertising gimmick! Got us to go in. I won't go back, though.

In the bathroom upstairs, there were what looked like some dead cockroaches in the bathtub. I didn't look too closely.

Luckily, I have an iron stomach. My crepe stayed down just fine.

After going by the funny card store - handmade cards are awesome: I wish I were able to draw better - we walked back.

It was cold. But still fun. Almost 6 miles, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment