Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The High Line, Revisited

You've never been on the Highline?!

Really?!

Suave and I had walked the High Line, including the new extension, the day before.

Since I had gotten the Vivacious Redhead to come all the way out to Manhattan to run withme, I was feeling the pressure to deliver a "wow" run.

And I knew it wouldn't be because of the pace! I kept huffing away behind her.

But after running over to the West Side and running up to 50th, I knew what I could add to get that extra zing: the High Line.

The bird feeder near 20th is pretty out-of-this-world.

And the sun and the building cut-troughs managed to make the Vivacious Redhead smile-if only for a few beats. Success!

Of all of Manhattan, though, we are collectively least familiar with Soho, where I was staying.

From the Museum of New York, from yesterday, I can tell you that it is hard to navigate, in part, because it is pre-grid-of-1810. That, and we never used to run through it because there are too many tourists to dodge.

So we added on a little extra before finding our way back to Thompson Street. About 7 miles.

It can be so much easier to run when you have company-especially such good company.

Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment