Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Freedom!

And, the Freedom Trail. Very fitting for my first day of freedom in Boston.

Did you know that the battle of Bunker Hill was mainly on Breech Hill, the Monument is not on Bunker Hill, and that the Revolutionary forces actually lost that battle?
Oh, and that the Boston Massacre actually killed only 5 people, most of them rabble-rousers trying to foment a mob?
Or that people would generally entertain guests in the master bedroom?
The only part we didn't walk was to the USS Constituion. I've been to the tall ship in Baltimore and they make you take off your belt and go through a metal detector before allowing you near the ship, here in Boston.
Walked to the start, through the trail and back, then back to Suave's house.

So neat to see all the fancy houses near to the river in Boston. Did you know, that if you are fancy, you have someone else decorate your house for Christmas?

Hundreds of Santas and elves on the breezy, bracing return. Confusing or small children but hilarious to observe.
The snowman was the cutest.
How does one lean of a Santa bar crawl?

I was almost crawling by the time we slumped up the last step. Walking is different than running on the muscles and hips.

All day.

About 12 miles. I'm recovering with donuts. It might be a half-dozen day.

4 comments:

  1. 12 miles of walking with Suave's funny commentary sounds must have been a terrific treat after exam drudgery. I can't walk 1 mile but I can decorate my own house for Christmas.
    Easily 1/3 of my storage is filled with Christmas decorations. Hopefully those who hire others to decorate (LA-style) are out doing good deeds for the holidays.
    I am staying home this year with my little sick cat. He sleeps most of the day now on the heated sheepskin pad I set up on my den sofa. He's still my sweet little friend.
    All my party guests loved him Thursday night and he is still recovering from the event....as am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invitation is seriously official!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For you and Suave as well.....Bingo is asking about you all. Merry. Merry!

    ReplyDelete