Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Whee!

Too much relaxing and not enough internet.

Biking with my dad - Monday.

Persuading GoodWill to take a ridiculous amount of bad fiction and a full set of leather-bound art books and another of Shakespeare - Tuesday.

Oh, plus some more biking.

But an evil cold loomed, clouding the leisure forcast - and my eyes, ears and sinuses.

So on to rehab at the cabin, logs in the walls and in the fireplace.

Junk food is good for a cold, isn't it?

No more than some walking in the fields for the next two days.

But the evil cold lingered on.

So I kicked it in the head. With some biking on Friday.

Achoo! Achoo! Achoo! Snort.

Ok. I didn't KO it. But it's on its way out.

Enough, anyway, to enjoy an almost 5-mile run - in short sleeves! - this afternoon. Well, maybe jogging.

Plus 20 minutes on the bike.

Since I talked on the phone the whole time I was biking, I don't think I was working that hard.

For that matter, I was awfully chatty with the guard at the Washington Monument.

And on the Mall.

Interesting how my legs can't go fast enough to make me breathe hard, at this point.

I thought my lung capacity would be the first to go.

No mention as to how fast I was going, you will notice.

I still won't tell you!

3 comments:

  1. I know! I was wearing long tights, and it got colder, later, but the run was amazing. The 31st of December and I'm wearing short sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete