Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle

The number of pigeons Ivy League and I saw when we were running today was absurd! They must love the strange weather. Humid like it's going to be about 100, yet with a wind that makes you shiver. I got an opportunity to stretch out my legs after rubberizing them during yoga and talk World Cup as we ran down Eastern Parkway. Ivy League is really observant, getting the details in sports. A side effect from the precision with which he must execute his job?

The cops got in a run of their own, as two of them chased down a sprinting suspect. Had Ivy League gone after the alleged perp, I think he would have gotten caught more quickly. As it was, it took a poor flight path decision from the a.p. for the cops to catch up with him. I don't think I would have wanted to race this guy in the quarter mile!

Love going down Eastern Parkway, past the end of the Greenway. It's so interesting to look at and to observe. The cute fairy hasn't gotten drunk and drizzled too much cute dust all over it, like she seems to have done in much of Park Slope. Not to say that there isn't also sad stuff to see but, unlike when I'm reading, I can sometimes handle depressing sights on the hoof.

I felt my quad a bit but it really loosened up on the run. Now I've realized exactly how out-of-shape my muscles are. That's a good thing. It's like when you finally step on that scale and face the numbers. You know from where you are starting.


Ready to be 100% for the build-up to my next race. A whopping 10.5 miles or so this week, so far. Appreciating my PT.



Puzzle in 7:28. Is the injury affecting my brain, too? That might just be the exessive energy affecting my concentration, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    Clearly I'm not Ivy League...are you running the half then?
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am. Sadly. However, I just don't see the other going well and I've got NY or equivalent coming up. This is really hard for me to do but it's important to acknowledge that I'm not in good shape at all right now. Plus, my leg still feels funny!
    You're in here, though. I'm sure that you'll be able to figure out who you are! I need a more creative name for you. We'll see.......

    ReplyDelete