Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

It Extends About a Yard

Tired and a bit sad from last night's basketball game, I turned to yesterday's crossword, which I had neglected doing.

The title of this post was probably the funniest clue in the entire crossword. It was a puzzle that had extra words stuck into it, which I usually like - see, for example, last weekend's fantastic multi-level flags crossword - but there was no joy in it for me. Well, there was because that was the secret extra word but I didn't feel much joy filling in the extra words. Themes are only worthwhile if they are sly, or funny, or challenging. Otherwise, they are just a bit of a pain.

Maybe that's just sour grapes talking, though. My brain is slow today - took me 14:30 to do the puzzle and it was pretty easy. I did learn that Chris Isaak spells his last name with a k, though!

Maybe I should try English crosswords. I've been told they are actually quite funny. I'm not sure I'm ready for that step, however. I enjoy my baby crosswords and don't know how I'd fare in the big leagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment