Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Synchronicity

I am not a good waiter. Oh, I was great at waiting tables: "hi-my-name-is-......-may-I-Take-Your-Order-Please".......I meant just sitting around. Watching the world go by. Waiting to get to your destination.

Yet, twice this weekend, I swam up to the words "please check around your seats for your personal belongings." There is a syncronicity between the motion of the train and the motion of my brain as I engage in the crossword puzzle, or in logic puzzles in general, that puts me into a trance of sorts. I will spend hours reading at home but, put me in a position where I'm waiting for something and I can't really concentrate on the words on the page. I'm a fidgity mess.

Plunk the words "Sue has a birthday party today and she invited 3 boys (Alex, Robert and John) and 2 girls (Patricia and Helen)....." and a grid in front of me, and I get into a trance-like state. It's really weird.

I did think that yesterday's theme was really cute - the different exclamation words.

Instead of running, had a great time biking with my father. And produce-planting. And stake-inserting. And tree-saving. And that was all before lunch yesterday. I think I might know where I get my dislike of waiting.

Biked to Japan (in my mind)
The garden is beautiful. Here's for hoping the plants don't keel over on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment