Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why Injuries are Impossible for the Obsessive

So, this is week 3+ of being injured. Not enough now to keep me from running but enough to keep me from running as well or as long as I need to. Of course, the non-obsessive, intelligent and careful people would tell me to keep off my leg. After all, the injury has moved from my quad to my hip flexor/inner thigh area. But these would also be the same people who wouldn't be doing a marathon in Hawai'i in the middle of summer, or who would sensibly limit their mileage. When I don't run, I get so irritable and nervous. And it's harder for me to sleep, since I'm used to more miles. Which means that I am 'reasonable' by only running partway home from work today, instead of all the way. Sigh. When will I ever learn?
At least the crosswords have been going well. NYT Sunday had an interesting theme. Just did Monday's today (I was slacking). Slower than usual, probably because I did it at night.
Or, maybe I'm just slower at everything these days.
I'm missing just the experience of a good run. I'll be doing a lot more solo runs soon, as a result of the pilgrimage of friends to far-away places. Maybe July will be my month. I'll have a lot to run off my mind, then.

Down the West Side Highway to Borough Hall - about 6.65, about 21.65 for the week so far. Supposed to be at about 32 so far, as it's the last big week before Kona.
Monday's Crossword: 4:35. Not the best but not too painfully slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment