Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Psychic Border Crossing

I feel like a frozen daquiri, made with extra ice and bad gin.
And yes, I do know that daquiris are not usually made with gin.
But, I did something I thought impossible today. I sat in an ice bath. With ice. And ice packs. For 15 minutes. I am a rockstar!
Those that know me might think that this is impossible. "Never", you'd say. "I won't believe it until I see the pictures." Well, I won't scar you with the pictures. But I did have a witness. Who got a great deal of enjoyment from pouring the ice into the water. The hysterical laughter would normally have caused me to throw a sharp elbow. But I was numb and couldn't move. Maybe another day.
I braved the frigid seas because, yes!, I got to go running today! Okay, more like jogging. But it was wonderous. I ran the outside of the park with the vivacious redhead, who suggested Milk Bar for coffee afterwards. What a good idea! We went a bit early to avoid the race in the park today but still managed to run into Coach and the lithe midwesterner.
Haven't checked the results yet but I'd be surprised if the lithe midwesterner didn't win the race. Boy does she fly!
Running back after coffee, my leg had relaxed so much that I didn't even feel it. The run itself felt much better, too. Only limped a bit starting and on the big downhill. Fingers and toes crossed!
Following a schedule, I usually feel like a failure if I don't (literally) do 110% of the miles required for the week. It's only when I'm injured that I realize it's okay if I don't hit all of those miles. Sure, I might not go as fast or feel as good, race-day, but it's not like I do this for a living!

Already behind in miles this week but just so happy I ran at all! About 6.7+ Ready for the crossword, wandering around Brooklyn, and potentially meeting up with the always-fun intellectual rapier!

No comments:

Post a Comment