Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Zaftig

The best clues have been in the upper left quadrant for the last two days. Probably a coincidence. Still, interesting to note. This clue wasn't funny: I was just proud of the fact that I got it at all.

Divine inspiration, maybe? I don't know where I dredged up the fact that zaftig = well-proportioned!

This puzzle was actually rather educational. I can now sound quite erudite at the track when I place my 'Quinella' bet at the track and when I speak learnedly of the Oleta river or of the baobab tree.

I don't set the timer on Friday's crossword. It's too depressing for the middling crossword-solvers like me. Maybe someday I, too, can solve Saturday's puzzle in 15 minutes or less.

A girl can dream!

This zaftig woman will probably head off to watch more World Cup today, sublimating her desire for exercise by watching others do so.

Tommorrow. Just like in solving Friday's crossword, I must learn patience with my own body and its healing process.

Anxious and garrulous! Unlike 59-across.

No comments:

Post a Comment