Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Familiar and Novel, the Remix

Yesterday, I raced out before a doctor's appointment to get a run in. I didn't need to do much, and I didn't have much time, so I thought I'd do the usual. Up Eastern Parkway, around the park counter-clockwise......the run I could probably do in my sleep and likely have at least once at around 4:30am. Then, I decided to do something crazy!

I went up Washington. A neat alternative to Flatbush. Plus, I didn't need to go that far and it cut about .75 off of the run, leaving me at 6. Right where I wanted, as I'm still trying to ramp up miles and my poor little stubby chubbies have been complaining about it.

Good news: the run felt good and it was great to do something different during part of this somewhat boring loop. Bad news: I thought I was steaming along at a pretty good pace until I looked at my Garmin (working again!) at the end. 8:03/mile pace, on average. Not so steaming. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment