Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Forget nature

Let's go urban!

Who needs beautiful nature and the Palisades when you have Bed Stuy?!

Didn't go with the speedy blonde to the Palisades because I was trying to be responsible and not mess up my leg. Plus, I would have been the one holding up the whole run while I puffed away, not knowing the route.

So, instead of nature, urban.

Gorgeous, the Vivacious Redhead, the Scandinavian, Beer and Cheese, and the Urban Planner and I had some discussion but ultimately decided on the Williamsburg Bridge to Manhattan Bridge route today. Here's a synopsis of the dialogue on the run:
Gorgeous: what about ........?
Me: :wheeze:

One by one, they all left the run, leaving me with Gorgeous. Not at bad place to be! Except I was trying not to lose my lung, my butt was on fire, and we couldn't catch a red light if we tried. I know: I used all my tricks, including the 'slow down for a small child' one. However, all became magically better when we got to our true destination. The Bagel Hole. And coffee two doors down.

11.5 to 12 miles later, my leg still didn't hurt that much. Or, maybe other things hurt more and cancelled it out! I'll try to run tomorrow but don't want to push it.

Meanwhile, I have potential running meet-ups with both Gorgeous and the Speedy Blonde! Eek! Will my legs, lungs, and ego take it? Stay tuned......

In other news, maybe it was because I was so tired but the crossword was brutal today! I had to keep coming back to it. This one was just a bully. 'Field's two' being oscars?! I had to get that mostly on the cross and on a prayer. I was proud to get 'swards' but then who the heck knows that 'beneath one's dignity' can also be said by saying 'infra dig', which is short for the Latin. I dare anyone to use that in a sentence and not get sneered at, as one sneers as a possible reaction to a pretense, a la 45 down!

Sigh. I got it done though. Like the run, sometimes that's all one is hoping for.......

No comments:

Post a Comment