Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Feeling like a Snowball in H@@@

After having too much delicious food and sunning myself in the gorgeous weather in both Kona and Oahu, I shook off my jet lag and decided to get back to business yesterday, both figuratively and literally. After sending off a paper, I met the speedy blonde for a loop of Central Park.

At 3:00pm. When it was over one hundred degrees outside. Maybe not the smartest move!

However, we had the park pretty much to ourselves, with the exception of the desperate bicycle taxis, offering us rides around the park. Plus, I hadn't seen the speedy blonde for a while and we both had races and plans to relate. So we chatted excitedly through the first few miles, not even feeling the heat so much. After the excitement wore off, the sun started coming through the asphalt and we faltered a bit. She suggested we cut the loop off at the transverse - a wise move, given the day. Aftervgetting through the transverse, I received the 'weenie of the day' award by suggesting that we walk for a bit. I was hyperventilating, likely due to both the heat and my excessive time off.

We finished, though. Which was great. And now we've got plans to go running again, which is also great. What a good person to run with.

Not so great: the cross-training I tried in Hawaii kind of backfired on me. Recumbent bikes are not a great idea for my knees, it turns out. Going to physical therapy again! Was up half the night because of weird leg pains.

Got to do the Sunday crossword on paper again. What a treat! I liked the theme of this one: took a second to figure out but was easy as pie once you did.

I've actually never understood why pie was considered easy. Making pie crust is a type of art form.

I'm going to call yesterday five miles. Artistic license.

No comments:

Post a Comment