Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who Knew Three Days in a Row Could Be So Hard?!

The cashier looked horrified as he picked up the Vitamin Water bottle from Superman's grasp. Touching it with two fingers, the cashier rung it up and handed it back as if it were some sort of weapon. It was that sort of day. We still had about 3 miles or so to run and both of us appeared as if we had been bathing in a pool. Which we had, of a sort, given the air!
Met up a bit later than usual with Superman. It was so great to run with him! Hadn't seen him in a while. The run was awesome but a bit sad, as one of my daytime running partners will no longer be available for daytime runs. Ah, well. With a bike race for him and it being my first time running 3 days in a row for about 6 weeks, we both took it a bit slowly. But the time passed quickly, given the amount of catching up we had to do and given the always fantastic scenery in New York. That's something I think I would miss, were I to move from this city.

My house to GAP to Brooklyn Bridge to Battery Park to the West Side Highway to Manhattan Bridge back up to near the promenade. Then, down Henry Street to Park Slope, where I stopped to buy some much needed new socks. Ran with a hole in one of mine the whole way today. Almost 13 miles? I'm not trying to track the mileage so much now as I am trying to make sure I feel better.

Man, my quad is tired. It's gonna be an off day for me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment