Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Ready for some Exploration

but stuck (for now) in the usual

Bed-Stuy, Greenpoint, East New York, Owl's Head Promenade. Enticing me with their odd little shops and unique storefronts, or their ten-degree temperature difference and the ambiance of Vancouver to one's right. Whispering the promise of new loves while I ran on the worn and familiar. But the familiar is what I need right now, even if I don't want it. I need to stay close to either home or to the subway, in case my leg starts hurting. PT's orders.

I took some much-needed alone time and ran around the outside of the Prospect Park this morning. Having spent so much time alone in Hawaii, it's been an adjustment to come back to a place where I am expected to interact with others on a daily basis. The heat having abated, the run was an easy one, with no watch and no company save my own. It's only 6.75 miles but they were solid and much-needed ones.

I also got some education today on history, a subject I have always been bad at, having a bad memory for both dates and names. Did you know that the Pisans lost the Battle of Meloria in 1284? Or that Lake Micmac, in Nova Scotia, is named after a Native American tribe? As can often happen with Friday's, the puzzle was frustrating but ultimately solvable.

No comments:

Post a Comment