Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Sugar Shack

Ah, Baltimore!!!!!

After a relaxing night of playing scrabble and seeing the sights on the water, the Vivacious Redhead and I headed out for a steamy Baltimore run. We slept in and didn't leave until 8:00am or so, which was great for the stress levels but not quite as good for the temperature levels.

Since today was one of the last runs before training kicks in, I didn't stop my watch when we got to lights or when we stopped for water. I'm sure we were going slowly but it was nice - I never felt like I was pushing it at all and I got to be the chattering tour guide as we went through downtown Baltimore, up past the train station and where they were getting ready for Artscape, and up past John Hopkins University. Besides the run on the piers and the run up to the Science Center in the Harbor, it was basically a two-turn run from Fells Point over to Charles St, up and back. On the way back, which is more downhill, the Vivacious Redhead couldn't believe how steep some of the hills were that we had run up on the way out to Hopkins. Topped it all off with a 3/4 mile cool-down walk and some iced coffee. Delicious way to end a 10-mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment